Printers: IPP printing via MacOS
This print method based on the Internet Print Protocol (IPP) is recommended for Linux and Mac platforms. But it can be used on Window 10 as well.
Like all the followme print methods, the jobs sent through IPP are visible on all the Xerox printers and on the MyPrintPortal.
You need to be connected to the UU network to follow this manual.
- Go to the Xerox drivers download site: https://www.support.xerox.com/
- Select your MacOS version, and download the driver “macOS Print and Scan Driver Installer”. Inside the DMG file, you’ll find the PKG driver.
- Install the printer driver for model Altalink 8055 (for example)
- In the system Preferences, select “Printers and Scanners”
- Unlock the window and press on the + icon to add the printer
Select “Advanced” or its icon. See the FAQ below if you don’t see it yet.
Then enter the following information:
- Type: Internet Printing Protocol (https)
- URL: https://myprint.uu.nl/printers/IPPPrint/.printer
- Name: IPPprint
- Choose a driver, choose “Other” for a pkg file or select software, look for “Xerox Altalink C8055” with the most recent version and press “Add”.
Go to “Options and Supplies”.
Now configure the “Options & Supplies” with the following information:
- Paper Trays: 6 trays (High Capacity Feeder and Tandem Trays)
- Job Storage Module: Not Installed
- Finisher: Office Finisher LX
- Press “OK” and lock the settings.
In the area of the “Add Printer” toolbar, next to the other icons, press Control + right-click, select “Customize Toolbar”. Drag the “Advanced” icon to the toolbar “Add Printer”. Press “Done”.
- Check your username and Solis-password in the Keychain.
- When asked, supply your Solis-ID and Solis-password as credentials, for example: Soliscom\Jansse123
- For some OS versions you’ve got to use your UU email address and Solis- password instead of your Solis-ID.
Go to the menu where all your printers are listed. Right-click (or Control right-click) and the “Reset printing system” option will appear. This will delete all your installed printers.
Last modified: 3/03/2022