Printers: Mobile printing via WebUpload – App – E-mail
There are three mobile print methods:
- Uploading: the portal: uu.nl/myprintportal
- Mobile app: install the Ysoft-app on iPhone/Android
- Email: mail2Print@uu.nl
Many common document types will be accepted by the mobile methods.
Please consider that if any document has a non-default paper size (A4 or A3), you’ll need to select a paper tray (“Resources Required”) when you release your job at the printer.
1. The upload portal
- Go to uu.nl/myprintportal and log in using your Solis-id and password.
- In the black side bar on the left, click “Upload job”
- Click “Select files” to open an explorer window where you can choose the file you want to print
Before you upload the file using the blue “Upload” button, you can choose the settings for the document. You can choose color or black/white, and single or double sided printing.
The standard setting is single-sided and color printing.
2. Printing via the mobile app
Install the “Ysoft SafeQ Mobile Print” app from the app store.
- Enter the following URL: https://myprintportal-app.uu.nl and press “Discover”.
- Press “Yes” if you get the notification requesting to use https://myprintportal-app.uu.nl/end-user/ui/ as print server.
- Enter your Solis-id and password and select “Save credentials and Server URL”.
- Press “Add files” to select files and “upload” to add files.
- Via “Print options” you can change the print settings.
3. Printing via email
- Send the file you want to print to: email@example.com (make sure to send it from an @uu.nl or @students.uu.nl email address and don’t leave the subject field empty)
- It will be send in colour by default, but you can adjust this on the printer display.
- Attachments may not exceed 25 mb because of the email server limitations.
- The body text, even if only headers, will be presented as a separate document to be printed. You have to delete it manually if not needed.
Please note: this method only work when using an email address ending in @uu.nl or @students.uu.nl. It does not work if you are using a guest account.
Last modified: 8/10/2021