Powerpoint: recording a knowledge clip/lecture
With different versions of PowerPoint, such as Office 365, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016, it is possible to convert your slideshow into a PowerPoint Show with narration.
Below a short step-by-step plan:
1. Save the presentation as .pptx
2. Click the tab “Slideshow” > “Record Slideshow”
3. Check if the microphone icon at the bottom right is on (and the camera off)
4. Click the red record button at the top left
5. When finished, save the presentation as .ppsx (PowerPoint show)
6. Put the file on Blackboard in your course
More information about recording a slideshow (.pptx) can be found here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings
More information on how to save your recording as a PowerPoint Show (.ppsx) or video (.mp4) can
be found here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-your-presentation-into-a-video
Do you want to create a knowledge clip with Lecturenet/Mediasite? Then check out this site for more information: https://educate-it.uu.nl/en/knowledge-clip/.
Last modified: 9/11/2020