Outlook: setting up
Make sure you are connected to the Internet. This can be an ethernet connection or a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection.
Start up Outlook.
If you have not used Outlook before, you will see this window. Click on ‘Next’.
Note: if you are using it already (e.g. for your private email), Outlook will show the default home screen as usual.
In that case, after starting Outlook, click on:
- ‘File’ at the top
- then ‘Account Settings’, ‘Account Settings…’
- then ‘Manual setup or additional server types’
- and continue with step 3.
Tick ‘Yes’ and click on ‘Next’.
Choose ‘E-mail Account’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Your Name: your name (does not matter what)
- E-mail Address: your UU email address including all your initials (this is your so called primary email address).
- Password: your Solis password
Click on ‘Next’.
The computer automatically searches for the correct settings.
Note: this may take a while! (up to several minutes).
If prompted, fill in your Solis password.
Tick ‘Remember my credentials’.
When your email account is succesfully configured and ready to use (see step 5), click ‘Finish’.
Last modified: 6/09/2019