Utrecht University (Wifi) on Windows 10
This instruction guide describes how to connect your Windows 10 laptop to the new wireless network Utrecht University for the first time.
Make sure you are in range of the wireless network Utrecht University. This is in most Utrecht University buildings.
Click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom of the screen (next to the clock). Then, click on “Utrecht University”.
When you want your computer to automatically connect to Utrecht University the next time you are in range, check the box “Connect automatically”.
Click on “Connect”
At Username, enter your University email address or your solis-id with @soliscom.uu.nl at the end.
Example: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com of firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your Solis-password at “Password”.
After this, click on “OK”.
Click on “Connect” if you get this certificate notification.
Wi-Fi (Utrecht University) is now configured on your device.
You will have to ‘forget’ the network before you can connect again with your new credentials. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Right click on the Wi-Fi icon on your taskbar
- Go to “Network and Internet Settings”
- Go to “Manage know networks”
- Select Utrecht University and click “Forget”
- Now turn your Wi-fi off and on
- When you reconnect with Utrecht University it will ask for your credentials. Enter your UU email address and new Solis-password.
Last modified: 7/02/2022